BPC Instruments (former Bioprocess Control)
BPC Instruments (former Bioprocess Control) is a Swedish-based technology company that develops and sells automated, analytical instruments that allow for more efficient, reliable and higher quality of research and analysis in a wide range of industries. The result is significant reductions in time consumption and labour requirement for performing analysis, as well as more efficient use of manpower resources.
Founded and run by scientists for scientists and engineers, we are committed to ensuring the highest product quality throughout our portfolio and focus on being service minded and always meeting the needs of our customers. BPC Instruments markets solutions for a range of applications including biogas production, animal nutrition, bioplastics and biodegradability, bioethanol production, wastewater treatment and biohydrogen production.
Among the company’s products is AMPTS® – the Automatic Methane Potential Test System, which has quickly become the preferred analytical instrument around the world; and Gas Endeavour® , an analytical platform for bacterial respiration analysis and biological batch fermentation assays in anaerobic and aerobic conditions.
The company was founded in 2005 and brings to market close to 20 years of industry-leading research in the areas of instrumentation, control and automation of anaerobic digestion processes. Today, BPC Instruments exports to more than 60 countries and the number is growing.
BPC in brief:
- Founded by scientists from Lund University, Sweden in 2005.
- Almost 20 years of research in the areas of instrumentation, control and automation of anaerobic digestion processes and bioanalysis.
- First product, AMPTS®, launched in 2009.
- Range of instruments sold to universities and R&D departments in 60+ countries
- Staffed mainly by top scientists and engineers from research institutions
- More than 600 peer-reviewed articles and conference proceedings where BPC’s products have been used to generate data for research studies. A selection of scientific articles is listed here.