Biohydrogen – clean fuel from dirty stuff
Is dark fermentation the future of biohydrogen fuel production?
Using hydrogen gas as a replacement fuel reduces pollution and is more sustainable, but how do you generate it to make a profit? Maybe through microbes interacting to produce the gas on a mass scale.
Gas Endeavour® enables on-line monitoring of hydrogen production during the dark fermentation process.
- Biochemical hydrogen potential analysis
- Screening and choosing the optimal carbohydrate material or mixture producing the highest amount of biohydrogen
- Evaluating the need for nutrients and mineral additions to accelerate the process and increase the biohydrogen fermentation yield
- Investigating the activity of microbial flora used as inoculum in a dark fermentation process
- Studying pre-treatment methods to eliminate methanogens from anaerobic sludge and selecting spore forming hydrogen producers.